Elena Rivkin is a civil litigation attorney focusing on real estate and business disputes. Her real estate practice encompasses a variety of areas from mortgage lending law to real estate fraud to partition actions and title disputes. Before becoming an attorney, Ms. Rivkin worked in the real estate industry in real property valuation, property management, and development. Ms. Rivkin works on both pre-litigation and litigation disputes, and serves as general counsel for business owners.
In law school, Ms. Rivkin was a judicial extern for Judge James Ware of the Federal District Court in the San Jose Division. She is an active member of the local legal community, participating in the Solo & Small Firm Section of the Santa Clara County Bar Association as co-chair. Elena Rivkin was born in St. Petersburg, Russia. She has lived in the San Jose area for most of her life. Ms. Rivkin enjoys the outdoors, yoga, and travel.
Formerly known as Elena Rivkin Franz of Franz Law.
- Chair, Solo & Small Firm Section, Santa Clara County Bar Association (2008, 2009, 2012, 2013)
- Member, Barristers Committee, Santa Clara County Bar Association
- Member, Silicon Valley Bar Association
- Member, eWomen Network
- Member, California Young Lawyers Association
- Member, California State Bar
- Member, Business Network International, Inc.
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, General Practice and Solo Section, American Bar Association
- Panel Attorney Member, California Lawyers for the Arts
- Member, California Apartment Association
- All California courts.
- Federal District Court in the Northern District of California
Elena Rivkin was selected as a Rising Star by Super Lawyers in 2014 and 2015. Only 2.5% of attorneys in California receive this distinction.
- Conversationally fluent in Russian.
Judicial Extern, Federal District Court of the Northern District of California, San Jose Division, Judge James Ware
- Real Estate Investment Strategies: Do’s and Don’ts (”Strategies for Real Estate”)
- Hiring a Contractor: Do’s and Don’ts (“Strategies for Real Estate”)
- San Jose State University, Political Science, San Jose, California
- Bath Spa University, Political Science Study Abroad, Bath, England
- Lincoln Law School, Juris Doctorate